For more than a decade, Safe Routes to School programs have flourished across the country. Now, communities are boosting walking and bicycling to school and in daily life through sustainable, long-term policy change. The Safe Routes Partnership’s Technical Assistance Team has experience with a wide array of Complete Streets, active transportation, and Safe Routes to School programmatic and policy scenarios, from the challenges of rural communities to the opportunities in underserved neighborhoods. Our national experts have diverse skills and backgrounds and are experienced with the challenges of making change on the local level.
Individualized Technical Assistance
Each community is unique. Through our individualized technical assistance we provide strategic support to local, regional, and state program and policy leaders. Once we understand your needs, our expert staff can help guide your policy and programmatic change efforts.
We can assist by:
- Helping you get started with first steps, or assisting you in elevating your effectiveness through tailored assistance and extensive expertise
- Providing assistance in building bridges between departments of health, planning, transportation, and education
- Researching and summarizing best practices, case studies and model policies from around the country
- Helping develop and implement campaign plans, with a focus on creating coalitions and building capacity
- Facilitating data collection and evaluation
- Ensuring equity through analyses around placement of facilities, access to safe routes, lack of infrastructure, and violence prevention
- Providing guidance on ways to navigate federal transportation fund spending regulations
- Producing and leading inspiring and effective Safe Routes to School and active transportation workshops and trainings
Use the Safe Routes Partnership’s consulting to:
- Build partnerships, local leadership, and community support for walking, bicycling, and Safe Routes to School
- Develop quality Safe Routes to School community-wide programs and policies that advance healthy, active lifestyles
- Leverage money that will support walking and bicycling as a permanent part of your community’s future
We look forward to working together to get results in your community.