Getting Bike Shops and Advocates to Collaborate on Safe Routes to School
Thursday, March 3, 2011 1-2PM ET
- Watch a recording of the webinar
- Download the webinar's tip sheet
- Download the webinar's PowerPoint slides
- Download the webinar's Q&A sheet
This webinar highlights success stories in Colorado and Austin, Texas where a local program teamed up with a bike shop to enhance Safe Routes to School efforts. In addition to programmatic highlights, presenters explained the benefits of involving bike shops, described a strategy for approaching local bike shops, and discussed concrete ideas for collaboration ranging from low hanging fruit to full-fledged sponsorship.
Involving bike shops in Safe Routes to School projects is key to creating a sustainable program that encourages more bicycling. Any parent, program staff, manager or bike shop staffer that has struggled to implement bicycling within Safe Routes to School activities will benefit from this webinar!
- Jenna Berman, Education Director, Bicycle Colorado
- Leslie Luciano, Director of Advocacy, Bicycle Sport Shop, Austin, TX
- David Cowan, Program Manager, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Robert Ping, State Network Director, Safe Routes to School National Partnership
This webinar is part one of a six-part webinar series by the Safe Routes to School National Partnership that focuses on bicycling and Safe Routes to School.
Thank you to the SRAM Cycling Fund for making this series possible.