Consulting & Programs Senior Manager or Director
Safe Routes Partnership
The Safe Routes Partnership is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented professional with strong business development skills, proven experience providing consulting and technical assistance in active transportation and Safe Routes to School, and a commitment to equity to join us as our Consulting and Programs Senior Manager or Director. This position plays a key role in the Safe Routes Partnership’s leadership of the state of practice in the field. It is an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise in Safe Routes to School and active transportation to mission-driven consulting work. Come be a part of a small, committed team where you will be deeply engaged in all aspects of projects from conception through implementation. We welcome applicants with a passion for advancing safe walking and bicycling to school and in daily life and a dedication to creating livable, equitable, sustainable communities.
Summary: The Consulting and Programs Senior Manager or Director is responsible for advancing and overseeing the Safe Routes Partnership’s consulting program; executing projects and developing resources; and providing technical assistance on active transportation and Safe Routes to School. The primary responsibilities are raising revenue through a robust consulting practice and successfully delivering contracted tasks. In addition, the Consulting and Programs Senior Manager or Director will develop publications and other resources, provide technical assistance to communities, advance equity commitments in the field of active transportation, oversee the development of webinars and trainings, and contribute to communications efforts.
We are particularly looking for individuals with proven expertise in the following areas:
- Raising revenue through identifying consulting opportunities, preparing successful proposals, and representing the organization in project pursuits to meet and expand fee-for-service annual budget goals (currently around $325,000 per year).
- Delivering on contracted tasks for multiple concurrent projects by developing, managing, and executing work plans, schedules, and budgets; coordinating and overseeing assigned project staff; tracking and reporting progress; and liaising with clients and partners.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on active transportation, Safe Routes to School, and related topics.
- Upholding the organization’s reputation for high-quality and timely work with sensitivity to community engagement and equity.
- Writing and editing reports, fact sheets, action briefs, webinars and trainings, and other resources and publications to support active transportation and Safe Routes to School.
- At the Director level, participating as a member of the Staff Director Team, helping to provide leadership for the entire organization and providing input on organizational goals, strategies, and practices.
Please review the job description for more details about the position's responsibilities and qualifications. This position is available at either a Senior Manager level with a salary range of $85,000 - $95,000 or a Director level with a salary range of $100,000 - $120,000. The position level and salary range will depend on experience and qualifications. Also provided are health insurance benefits, paid time off, and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan. A PC computer plus telephone and internet access will be provided. Successful candidates will work from their home office and may be based anywhere in the United States.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit (via email) a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples demonstrating work related to this position in one PDF file to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text “Consulting and Programs position.” We are not accepting email or telephone inquiries.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged with an email reply. Applications will be accepted through August 20, 2023. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early. Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining our dynamic, visionary, and growing national non-profit. Visit www.saferoutespartnership.org for more information about our organization.
The Safe Routes Partnership is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, our work environment, and the change we want to see in our society. We value a diverse staff with a wide range of life experiences because we recognize that we are stronger when our organization and work benefit from the innovative contributions, creative solutions, practical know-how, and community insights brought by people of different backgrounds. Diversity of experience, ideas, and viewpoints is a priority, and candidates with varied education levels, skills, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of different religions, nationalities, genders, and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please forward this announcement to prospective candidates! Thank you.